The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

ORCA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum for the members of ORCA on EVONY Server 25

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to ORCA! The community forum for all who wish to be part of it!

The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
davidSellout
davidSellout

The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot Empty
PostSubject: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 6:58 am

Most of ORCA won't see this and most likely don't know me but imma say it anyways. Damn forum... this will be quite a bit of text...

I seriously can't believe this happened. I mean honestly?
I go to band practice with some friends for the day and when i get back and sign on to check on you guys I see the god friggin alliance happened to got run to the ground!
I get that this was something we all somewhat saw coming after players like JonJon, Sand Woman (both who i personally didn't know to well), Blue, the inglorious ORCA 2 failure, and countless others who slipped my mind.
But I'm still sure as hell will be mad at a certain number of you folks.
I watched the promotion fest of several members one day who made up the core of who I recognized the most. Then I also stood by as the top officers argued over how the others is slacking off and so forth. The last few weeks have been all about the Officers and Hosts. What the **** happened. We kick players for not being close, what does it matter?!? We use to be all about taking in the ones who needed help and keeping our relations friendly.

Though it was great in the beginning getting the somewhat official "Welcome to ORCA" greeting from tx and everyone else. One of the best if not in my eyes THE best alliance to have dropped it's wonderful ass on Evony. During the days where a majority of us just started out and needed a place to belong in this sonovabitch game. It was really great talking with you guys almost everyday and sitting back watching everyone goof off. The occasional empty summer days never seemed so oddly mind numbing but lax waiting for those upgrades to come racking in during the 7 day protection period and beyond.

This my friends and short time acquaintances is a perfect example how people always manage to make failure out of thin air. Me being one of the only "younger folks" on ORCA (along side tx, green, blue, Marie, her evil twin Marie, and a few others), speaking for myself, was extremely amused at the age range in it.
Just hope you guys do see this as a game and not completely as the the "politics and war" game it sometimes is. Some of you really got into it... I mean REALLY got into it. Don't be so serious about all of this so much. I admit, I liked this game more for talking with you guys on occasions or just eavesdropping on the... interesting subjects you always have, more than the actual game itself at times.

Why didn't anyone say a real goodbye to the rest of us? Perhaps blatant disregard?

In conclusion to my mindless ramble.
It was absolutely awesome hanging with all of you in ORCA.
Wish it didn't end the way it did but it did due to unseen mini-ingame-tragedies but, whatever right? Most likely quit Evony all together though. Hope to see you guys around i suppose, just you know don't show up at the foot of my bed.
ORCA will still be aiming for the best of the best.

Check out my band Second Glances on myspace.com/everysecondglance. A Bronx based band, we have our first official gig set next year. We have a definite recording studio session coming sometime after or before. Drop in and talk, you could tell your groovy friends, "I knew that little **** before!"

With that, later ladies and bros, nice knowing your corner of the universe.

And yes, I am over reacting elephant
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/whoisthisagian
Tavarion

PostSubject: Re: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 pm

David,
You are not over reacting. Most online games will have your normal hardcore, casual and semi-casual group of players. I for one consider myself as hardcore and when I play a game, I am very competitive. It was great being a part of ORCA but I want us to have a goal, to be the best and even at one point in time we were getting there (as high as ranked 24).

We then started to allied with alliance with less than 5 members, to me that is useless and what is the point? Alliance is you want to allied with others to aid you in need of assistance, not to babysit. The most thing I missed about being an ORCA member is the daily chatters we all shared (well about 10 of us) so for an alliance made up of 90+ people, only 10% would talk to each other, to me that is not an alliance.

I made my choice to to leave because I do not want to be a semi-casual player and ORCA did not have to fold. TX chose to fold the alliance, not the so called core group you referring from your post. If you look at the list of people who got expelled, how many times have you seen them pop in just to say hi? I see you do more post on the forum than you do in chat.

My point is I moved on, not because I need protection, but to put more excitement back into this game and daily of farming npc bored the heck out of me. Anyway I wish you luck and if you felt the breakup is because of me then I am sorry you felt that way.

Tavarion -
Back to top Go down
Mr Green
Mr Green

PostSubject: Re: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:17 pm

The alliance went poof...wow.....waddaya know....can't a guy disappear for two weeks and have things just the way the were???....is that too much to ask for???
Back to top Go down
Hod
Hod

PostSubject: Re: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:44 am

I left for a nephews birthday party upstairs.
When I returned, the Alliance was no more.
Afterwards, I received a couple of offers to join other Alliances, They knew more than Idid, disturbing.
I didn't know where my friends had gone. I was a bit in shock. I was an officer, and I knew nothing about a pending breakup. In hind site, I feel that the abandonment of the players was a thoughtless move.
Lord and Lady Lucan, Taralsa, Tavarian, Lord Damien, Judascloak and myself have joined Primoris, a war seeking Alliance. Some ORCA players with less prestige joined Primoria, our "Junior Varsity" alliance.
We are all happy there.

We, like all, need to move on. Remember... It is a game.
Back to top Go down
davidSellout
davidSellout

PostSubject: Re: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:20 am

just saw the rest of this in my inbox guys. nice to see some of us is still around.
Mmhm, I know Hod Smile
I was trying to stretch the fact that its just a game. But it's still no excuse to have treated the situation the way it had.

Well overall its just interesting how most of ORCA moved on quite well and better than we ever been.
I personally had joined with LANCE shortly after and it soon after became the merge "Phalanx", we're currently ranked 11 in the alliance list only after one day! I knew from the beginning that you guys were probably join Primoris and i was apparently right. I meet quite a few of former ORCA members in chat today actually, hello agian Smile Saw Marie recruiting on world but forgot to talk with her.

If any former ORCA members need an alliance Phalanx and Phalanx 2 is recruiting. They're more than willing to take us in.
I think Primoris is full now but as Hod said Primoria is open. Very fine alliance, #2 i think.
There's former ORCA members scattered all over the top rankings. Very comforting to see.
Back to top Go down
davidSellout
davidSellout

PostSubject: Re: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 9:08 am

And to Tavarion, i said nothing of it being your fault. In fact i didn't even mention your name.
Tavarion wrote:

"Most online games will have your normal hardcore, casual and semi-casual group of players. I for one consider myself as hardcore and when I play a game, I am very competitive."
I play online games all the time. Probably more than you, being a teenager in today's society. Joined my fair share of teams and such. I specialize in shooters and RTS games like "Total War" or "Age of Empires" which is a similar concept but more advanced game type than Evony. Half the reason i joined. Well that and showy the lass on the registering page pig
I get you, mkay? lol
Tavarion wrote:

"TX chose to fold the alliance, not the so called core group you referring from your post."
I never said the "core group" ultimately decided it, but being the ones who influence the rest of the alliance, avoiding complete blame might be harder. I saw the Forum post from Tx saying he decided this. I knew this already. Whats done is done. Where is Tx anyways? that **** disappeared like mary poppins.
Tavarion wrote:

"If you look at the list of people who got expelled, how many times have you seen them pop in just to say hi? I see you do more post on the forum than you do in chat."
Are you saying I was as disposable as the ones who were kicked? That's exactly my point. I know my point of view, you know yours. And you being higher up you knew more about the the alliance as a whole. You forget i was from that week of beginners close to the beginning of ORCA. I stayed till the end. That should mean something at least.
Tavarion wrote:

"My point is I moved on, not because I need protection, but to put more excitement back into this game and daily of farming npc bored the heck out of me. Anyway I wish you luck and if you felt the breakup is because of me then I am sorry you felt that way."
You should take it as a complement that our former alliance meant more than something to me.
Apparently you were implying I did not get involved at all in ORCA. Perhaps. But it didn't feel like it when i stressed my ass trying, even if you didn't wait to see it happen.
Don't think i begun a "hatred" towards any of you. My main concern was how many players were left out in the dust and given a vague explanation about what happened. Example: Me. Not a single, later david, nice knowing you, or even a friendly bye. Just some crummy, almost official like "you're fired memo." No one probably meant it like that but it sure as hell felt like it. I have a slight anger management/emotional issue and I wanted someone to answer for it at 4 in the morning apparently when i finished. my bad.
I had very little time to process my thoughts when i saw the email at 1 at night. I deal with minor to major things by constantly writing and splashing my thoughts and feelings quickly in some form of writing or speech, or on a forum I suppose. Whichever makes me satisfied. I was quite but I observed a lot of everything. So if I offend you, I'm sorry for my crass honesty.

I see you got along just fine and I'm happy for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot   The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot Empty

Back to top Go down

The Long Pointless Ramble of davidSellout And His Empty Alliance Slot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ORCA :: Temporary post ground-
Jump to: